Full-Time Game Backend Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile game developer based right in the heart of Leamington Spa, England, specialising in multiplayer, mass market games featuring user generated content. The Company was founded by David Darling CBE in 2011 (he was one of the original founders of Codemasters). We have a dynamic, highly experienced team of developers, including the original creator of Micro Machines, who use their talents to create highly innovative and exciting games.
We are working on cutting edge technology for a new mobile game that is going to disrupt the industry and we need a talented Senior Server Programmer to help make this happen. As part of the team you will be included in our generous profit sharing scheme.
As our Senior Games Server Programmer, we need you to deliver high quality, innovative and extremely fun mobile games. You will help lead the design and architecture of our servers and implement server features to robustly support millions of mobile games players.
The systems you create will perform excellently and reliably, whilst being secure and scalable. Your code will need to be demonstrably of the highest quality.
You must have:
- A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers
- An excellent knowledge of highly scalable systems
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Knowledge of Nosql databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache, etc)
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- 3+ years experience in games servers or a related industry
- A team player who will contribute daily to developing great games
- Excellent organisational skills
- Lead or management experience of a server team
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in one or more of the common object-oriented server development languages and associated libraries (for example: Java, Scala, C++, C#)
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both
- Experience in mobile app industry
- Strong statistical and applied mathematical background
- 2:1 or higher degree in a related discipline
Salary and location
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and proven track record plus company benefits and royalties sharing scheme
Benefits include private pension, private medical cover and life assurance
This job is based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The position involves working 40 hours per week in our office
You must have the full right to work within the UK
What else do we offer?
- A highly creative atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute daily to important development decisions
- An extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling CBE and many other industry veterans
- A very ambitious ethos – we are aiming to create chart topping mobile hits
- Quarterly team building days – work hard, play hard!