Freelance Full Stack Python Developer- The global leader of performing arts!
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
IMG has been proud to work with many of the world’s greatest performing artists across a variety of genres and disciplines. We are looking for an experienced full-stack application developer and systems administrator to join our team and provide technical support for our company’s web-based technology platform.
IMG Artists is the global leader in performing arts management. Since its inception nearly 30 years ago, the agency has been proud to work with many of the world’s greatest performing artists across a variety of genres and disciplines. The company has set the standard of excellence across the artist management, touring, events, festivals and cultural consulting fields.
The technology platform in question supports IMG’s worldwide artist management and booking agency business operations, however future development plans include building a commercial industry product, providing an innovative technology solution for a variety industry constituents.
We are currently looking for a consultant whose primary responsibilities will include maintaining our platform and troubleshooting system bugs. We expect to evolve the position to involve further product development and are hopeful that the candidate that we hire will lead future product development life cycles, including design coding, test, build, and deployment.
Skills & Requirements
Web Application Development (Must Have)
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Flask and Mako
- Experience with PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy
- MVC web frameworks experience
- Understanding of REST architecture
- Experience deploying cloud based LAMP’s
- Experience using and creating web services and API’s
- Intermediate to advanced familiarity with Unix shell
- Experience with version control systems especially Git
- MongoDB experience desired or general relational DB expertise
- Good understanding of web application security techniques
System Administration (Nice To Have)
Skills & Requirements:
- Expertise configuring/managing Linux Systems, such as CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian
- Expertise with DNS, SMTP, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, LDAP
- Expertise with configuration management systems
- Proven experience scripting to automate tasks using one or more of the following: Bash, Perl, Python, PHP
- Shell scripting, and deploying in Linux environments
- Release Management experience
- Hardware (Network) experience
- Managing AWS infrastructures, including alerts and backups
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a web application development role
- Unfortunately we cannot sponsor a visa.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org