Full-Time Full Stack Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full Stack Developer
Mailgun is hiring a full stack developer to work on our control panel team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for helping build a great customer experience for each and every customer who uses our product.
Who We Are
- Mailgun is the e-mail service for developers – our easy to use APIs make it simple to integrate reliable mail delivery into an application with tools to track, route, and analyze how users are responding.
- We’re ex-YC and were acquired by Rackspace in 2012, but remain an independent team with dedicated engineering, support, sales, and marketing. We have all of the resources of a large company, but the flexibility of a startup.
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Build and develop new user and support-facing features in the Mailgun control panel.
- Develop the necessary backend REST services to support new features that will be exposed in our control panel.
- Partner with product designer to implement mockups and prototypes. Help refine designs to achieve the best user experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass, LESS, etc.)
- Experience building RESTful web services, preferably in Python and/or Go.
- Understanding of basic browser capabilities, security concerns such as cross-site scripting and maximizing compatibility among different browsers.
- Familiarity with best practices for usability / interaction design.
- Participation in the on-call rotation.
- San Francisco, CA / Austin, TX preferable.
- Mailgun will consider exceptional candidates for remote.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d be a great addition to the team.