Freelance Django Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Potato has an ongoing need for talented full-time freelance developers, to work on interesting web projects.
You’ll be working at our office in London, United Kingdom, developing web tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients currently and previously include Google, YouTube, News International, BBH, Mother and numerous other agencies.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you in a position to write the best code that you can.
You’ll need to know Python and Django. You might have App Engine or noSQL experience. Our apps are often complex, scale to epic proportions, and connect to many APIs – any relevant experience would be a big plus.
- Django & Python
- Version control (particularly git)
Big pluses for experience with:
- Google App Engine
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Localising web apps
- Open source projects
- Google Apps & APIs
- Linux administration
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3 etc)
Pay & benefits:
- Competitive daily rate
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
- A cover letter
- Your CV, including references
- Details of your availability
- Any sample URLs that show off your code and prove you’ll be able to hit the ground running
How to Apply
Drop us an email – if we like what we see we’ll get back to you quickly to arrange to have a cup of tea and a chat.
Agencies: Please don’t call or email. If (one day) we need you, we’ll be in touch.