Full-Time Backend Development Lead
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking to add a core contributor to our small New York-based team to be in charge of backend development. You’ll have the opportunity to make the best of your existing experience and implement best practices, learn a lot of new tools and technologies, and directly influence the design and evolution of the Brandibble application as a whole. This can be a very big role or a smaller one, depending on your level of experience and interest in taking ownership and providing leadership to other developers. You’ll work very closely with our founder on a daily basis – the two of you will be working side-by-side as he leads frontend development. We’re looking for someone who wants to own our backend development effort, have a big impact on how we build things, and have meaningful equity stake in the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, architect and develop our core backend services
- Write a lot of Python code, mainly in Flask, for various product extensions and new product modules – there will be a nice variety of challenges to keep things interesting and fun
- Design, maintain and evolve multiple API frontends to backend services
- Design and redesign data models, have a large impact on the overall architecture of the Brandibble application and product roadmap
- Practice continuous integration and deployment, write tests and documentation
Salary, perks, etc.
- Annual salary of $85,000 to $125,000, equity of 1% to 6% (depending on level of experience)
- Full healthcare & other standard benefits
- Office in New York City (you’ll have an impact on our chosen location)
- Flexible schedule and time off, freedom to work remotely for big chunks of time
- Free food from our partner restaurants
Skills & requirements
- Proficiency in Python, and at least one of Flask, Django, or Pyramid
- Experience deploying and maintaining large application on a hosted cloud, like AWS EC2
- Ability to produce clean, maintainable and testable code – you adhere to PEP8 & Zen of Python
- Experience developing APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience designing & optimizing data models and databases (specifically MySQL) is a plus
What we use
- AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, SES today; potentially EC2 Container Service, Redshift, Machine Learning
- Git and Github, FogBugz for issue tracking
Brandibble can best be described as a “Shopify for restaurants.” We offer a fully-customizable platform for restaurant websites with e-commerce (online ordering, catering, etc.) fully baked in, allowing restaurants to offer a very sophisticated website & online ordering experience to their customers. You can see many examples of Brandibble-powered sites on our website (www.brandibble.co). Over the next 12-18 months, we’ll be extending the platform in meaningful ways to solve more problems for restaurant operators, as well as opening up the platform to 3rd party frontend developers (similar to WordPress and Shopify), which is a big part of our long-term growth strategy. We believe there’s a huge opportunity to make great restaurant software that’s both simple and beautiful, which would be highly differentiated.
How to Apply
Please contact JC Harrington (Brandibble’s founder) at email@example.com.