Full-Time Back-End Web Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you want to push the boundaries of what’s possible in web technology to help build the future of augmented reality? Are you able to hold a complete understanding of a complex backend system in your head to build fast and reliable web applications and APIs? Do you have a deep understanding of how networking, databases, and servers work down to the bare metal? Then we really want to meet you.
We’re creating a computer vision platform to power the next generation of augmented reality. This is an incredibly complex endeavor that will require everything from sophisticated computer vision algorithms running on mobile devices, to vast storage of visual information, to taking advantage of GPU servers for fast parallel image processing. An important part of this platform will be the web backend system required to tie it all together.
Our currently launched product, 360 Panorama, has millions of users and huge potential that we have yet to tap. 360 Panorama users are helping us build the 360VERSE – a way to explore the world through 360 views, searchable by location AND time (currently in beta, launching soon).
We’re looking for a web wizard who is excited to help us expand on 360 Panorama and 360VERSE and also help us build the computer vision platform that will usher in a new wave of augmented reality.
If you have experience with most of the following, we’d love to talk to you:
- Python or other server side scripting language experience (most of our backend is written in Python)
- MVC frameworks (we use Django)
- Node.js (used on our GPU servers)
- Postgres or other SQL experience
- Geospatial / location search using PostGIS
- *nix server administration and automation
- Usage of cloud services, including storage and server provisioning
- Knowledge and ability to debug the full web stack.
- Understanding of networking protocols and ability to implement and design new ones.
How to Apply
If you feel like you are a good fit for this position, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org