Full-Time Back End Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you eat data pipelines for breakfast, distributed databases for lunch and numerical processing for dinner? Did you read the Sparks, Dynamo or Dremel papers and wish you could put those to good use? Stay with us…
We’re on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops and we need you to build the data pipelines to ingest, store, analyze and query hundreds of billions of events a day. Join us to build powerful and resilient data systems using Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch and Postgres.
What you will do
- Build distributed data pipelines to make sense out of billions of events
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
Who you must be
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- You’ve been writing data processing code for several years
- You’re a master with the Java or Python data platforms
- You can get down to the low-level in C/C++ when needed
- Your github shows your chops
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before (and know what you did wrong)
- You have battle scars with Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka or Numpy
- You are Go-curious. In fact, you’re just curious overall
Datadog is a VC-backed Startup based in NYC, on a mission to bring sanity to Dev & Ops. We are one of the city’s most technical startups, analyzing tens of billions of events a day in real-time. And we believe the next generation of cloud architectures presents an incredible opportunity to change the way dev and ops interact with their systems.
Why join? We are a small team, work from a bright penthouse loft in the heart of Manhattan, and strive to solve hard problems sustainably while having fun in the process. We’re also growing fast and are looking for self-motivated team-players to join us, own significant parts of our technology and business, and grow with the company.