Full-Time Back-end & API Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Yeti & You
At Yeti, everyone is a problem solver. Together we have fun and work hard to build amazing products. We work in small, close-knit teams of designers, developers and product managers with our clients to quickly take ideas from sketches to code. A back-end developer at Yeti is an engineer who loves working with data and solving challenging problems. They collaborate with front-end developers to ensure our applications can communicate seamlessly across multiple platforms.
Yeti is looking for an experienced back-end developer who has seen products through prototyping, building and launch.
You will be a good fit for this role if you can identify with the following:
- Experience with one or more back-end frameworks, a plus for python and Django
- Experience with building APIs and collaborating with developers who will be consuming them
- Have three or more years experience professionally building applications
- Able to design efficient databases and solve for data-related performance issues
- Understand networking at a high level
- Manage setting up and running an application on a linux-based machine
- Able to work autonomously in a small collaborative team
- Have strong communication skills working on teams and with clients
- Mentor and guide junior developers on your team
- Take initiative to implement new technology and research best practices
- Understand the importance of documenting features, writing tests and maintaining a quality codebase
- Inspired to work on open source tools
If you don’t fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply. Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth and teaching one another.
This is a full-time salaried position, and as such Yeti offers full medical, dental and vision as well as FSA accounts, commuter programs and the latest mobile phone with plan. Since Yeti has no outside investors, we are also able to provide all full-time employees access to our profit sharing plan. Our team is best thought of as a guild of inventors, working together at a lasting business and sharing in its successes.